The first group of Jews to settle in Leadville could trace their roots to Germany. They tended towards assimilationist attitudes and the practice of Reform Judaism. This included services largely in English, women as members of the congregation, and the use of a choir, even hiring non-Jews to sing or play instruments during the services. Not until 1884, however, did Leadville have a dedicated building for services, having previously met at opera houses or at some other civic or private building.
Use the buttons below to learn about the history, style, and restoration of the Reform Synagogue.